Restoring order to your living space doesn’t need to take all day.
We’ve compiled the ultimate list of living space tidy tasks that can be done in just 10 minutes or less.
By tackling even just one, you are already making strides in the right direction. However, it’s helpful to know that several of these tasks can be combined and finished in one go!
So here it is: Some simple tidy, organizing, and cleaning tasks that will take your living space from chaos to calm in no time at all.
The list of 10-minute tidy tasks for your living room
Don’t forget that this list is full of tasks that take 10 minutes or less. If you want to challenge yourself, set a timer for 10 minutes and see how many you can get done before the buzzer goes off!
Otherwise, start with tasks that can be combined into the same tidy session for the ultimate quick change for your living space. If you don’t have the time today for all of these tasks, simply start with the next item on the list tomorrow.
>> This list of 10-minute deep-cleaning tasks might also interest you!
- Declutter magazines – Recycle old magazines and put the keepers in a nice pile or a magazine rack for a clean and organized look.
- Dust bookshelves – Do make sure to remove items on the shelf while dusting for the best results! Putting books and trinkets back onto the shelves in a more organized manner makes a HUGE difference in how tidy your space feels.
- Tidy couch cushions – Fluff up your cushions and place your throw pillows where they look best.
- Fold throw blankets – Instant order! If you can’t be bothered with folding, consider storing throw blankets in a decorative basket next to the sofa.
- Put away pet toys – Having a designated basket helps with this task, but do remember that the toys should also be easy for your pet to access when they want to play.
- Clean flat surfaces – Wipe down your coffee table, end tables, tv stands, etc. You can also declutter flat surfaces while you’re at it!
- Clean shiny surfaces – This includes your TV screens!
- Remove cups and dishes – Take them directly to the dishwasher in the kitchen.
- Vacuum or sweep under couch/furniture – Yes, you will need to move your furniture to probably make this happen. If that’s not possible, do your best with different brushes and vacuum attachments. (Or get a Roomba!)
- Take things that don’t belong in living space to their proper homes – Or, at least put them in a single basket that you sort through and re-home later.
- Wipe down window blinds or vacuum window treatments – This is a sneaky place for dust to hide. Tackling this area of the living space can instantly brighten up the room!
- Dust ceiling fan and/or light covers – These are other sneaky places for dust to hide. Nothing worse than turning on the ceiling fan to be instantly struck with a sneezing attack. While you’re up there, be sure to clean off those light covers. They’re definitely an overlooked and underrated way to brighten your room.
- Vacuum or dust lampshades and lightbulbs – Just like those light covers in the ceiling, a quick vacuum of your lamps from the inside out makes for a great tidy task.
- Corral remotes and other loose items into baskets and drawers – You may have heard us say once or twice that baskets and containers are a simple way to add order and tidiness to your home.
- Dust wall hangings including photos and artwork – All the colors will appear brighter, and you’ll feel great knowing you’ve removed that layer of dust!
- Vacuum the furniture – Make sure to get into the cracks and crevices of all chairs and sofas to remove those bits of crumbs and pet hair.
- Eliminate cobwebs – Vacuum around the corners of the room and behind furniture.
- Mop or vacuum the entire floor – This task can be combined with any other floor-related task for an even bigger win.
- Shake out or vacuum rugs – Once you fluff them and place them back, you’ll notice the improvement.
- Put the furniture back into position – This is especially important if you have kids or family members who are constantly shifting pieces around or leaving your couch askew. Restoring order to the layout of the room can be a quick tidy task you may not be thinking about!
So what are you waiting for? Which tasks are you tackling first?!
* * * * *
Need some accountability to help keep your home clean, tidy, and organized?
Join our Organize My Home membership for accountability from a group of like-minded people!