One obstacle that many readers have mentioned over the years is that organizing advice often starts with buying something!
While it can be fun to browse through organizing eye candy, it’s hard on the wallet and it’s certainly not necessary.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money for useful and attractive containers to organize your home. In fact, you probably already have suitable containers at home.
In this video, I’m sharing some of my favorite free and recycled containers with you.
Key tips for finding and using free containers for organizing:
- Sturdy food containers in a variety of sizes like coffee cans and large screw-top glass jars make great recycled containers.
- Baskets and mason jars are easily found at thrift stores and yard sales and add a nice touch.
- Tote bags and drawstring backpacks make great containers as well.
- Your first organizing goal should be convenience; if there’s time to make it look pretty, go for it, but don’t let that bog you down or keep you from organizing in the first place.
Looking for more decluttering and organizing tips on a budget?
- Budget-Friendly Organizing Containers
- Stop Overshopping Masterclass
- 100+ things to declutter before you move
- 10 tips for turning clutter into cash
The more you declutter your home first, the easier it will be to organize and fewer organizing containers will be needed.
We can help with the clutter!
Request a free copy of our physical print book, Step-by-Step Decluttering. We’ll rush it to your door, and you only pay shipping and handling. Learn more here.