A mom’s purse is full of critical things! Kind of like MacGyver – I’ll bet you can change a tire while keeping the baby happy and giving instructions to a co-worker, all with items out of your purse. Am I right?
When you have an organized and well-stocked purse, you’re better prepared for all those needs, big and small, that inevitably happen when you’re out of the house.
Here are some things that belong in a well-stocked purse.
First aid / toiletries
- essential oils
- dental floss
- tiny scissors
- lip gloss
- travel size contact solution and case
- Epipen and Benadryl for my allergic son
- pressed powder
- hair elastics
- bobby pins
- credit and debit cards
- drivers license, registration and insurance (keep clipped together)
- library cards
- store loyalty cards
- health insurance card
- checkbook and pen
- small notebook or Post-it’s
- business cards
Keys (pared down to the essentials)
- charger (or keep it right in the car)
- cleaning wipes
- matchbox cars
- random interesting tidbits (pipe cleaners, travel mirror, little toys)
Snacks are practically required when you’re out of the house with little kids. But even now that my kids are older, I like to carry a small, non-perishable snack in my bag. Here are 30 ideas for healthy, portable snacks.
I just upgaded my purse to this fabulous blue number from Target. Isn’t it gorgeous?
If you do end up with a lot of different items in your purse, some organization is a must. I keep my purse organized and clutter-free with zipper pouches.
What things do you keep in your purse?
Interested in other checklists?
- 19 helpful household lists to make your life easier
- 15 rules to help you declutter
- A different kind of to-do list